Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Agley Janam...

This week presented one after the other shock. Harshita's blog (A tale of three marriages) set the tone and a Noida hospital case pinned me down; i am reeling under a bout of depression. I planned to take leave from office to go and sit in solitude. This is probably the last posting of this month.

(It's a real story with just pinch of fiction because protagonist is an infant; so the words are fictitious. The setting is Noida and the incident was covered extensively by media. A couple claimed that they had a male child which was exchanged with a female child by the hospital. The protagonist is the unwanted female child. She is lying in hospital’s cradle and contemplating and explaining her maladies.)

I am one of those unfortunate children who take birth months after the death of their parents. You must be wondering how it is possible that my mother died months before my birth. Yes she did…in the same female body on which i survived for nine months. So i passed months before birth in my mom's grave. And today only, i managed to leave that grimy and dingy graveyard.

Alas! The place i landed is even grimier and dingier. What i am seeing here is that i am not at all wanted. And minutes after my birth another birth took place with a little biological difference. And this male child is an instant hit, a hot property sought after by two families. Two set of parents are jostling to get their names entered on his birth certificate…what a place to see your name. (Think about Draupdi and Dhritrashtra of Mahabharata who had this pleasure hundred times and they died alone.)

I am a kind of abuse both of them don't want to have. Don't forget - one pair is my Mom's and Dad's grave. I am lying on a cradle and waiting for a worse tomorrow. Because my parents passed away way back and if modern science matches my genetic signatures with the graveyard i left few hours ago. My life will become hell.

I have started my life from the abyss. I hope everything could only become better provided i am not back closer to the graveyards i left this morning. I am wondering if i survived all this tumult and ever become a mother what would i do. At least i would not let a girl visit this place called India. Mothers are abusing their motherhood...by killing new born daughters...by determining sex of their children. Are they child making factories and am i a product? If yes then what’s so bad about me that no body wants me.

The man who is responsible for my birth is so fond of women and getting rid daughters. He doesn’t even thinks what his son would do if every one started thinking like him. Or may be he is planning a forced gay in his son.

At the moment i am getting full media coverage because no body wants me. Am i not very young to think all this? But when you are an uninvited guest to a party and nobody attends you; this kind of feelings are inevitable? Normal human beings try to find an exit; i too am looking for an exit to never return.

Don't sympathize with me...i have not come here on my own. I am a by product of a couple's aspirations and fun...who disowned their own act. If you can’t do something forget about me.

I request to GOD Agley Janam mohe bitiya na kije; Kije jo bitiya to India se bacha lije (in the next incarnation don't make me a daughter if you do please save me from India).

2 comments:

Sneha Shrivastava said...

Very sad and shameful.:(

Me said...

I have read about it and it is so sad...but ofcourse not new...Few years back too, such a case came into picture... :(

My take, I have stopped surfing thru news channels now...coz itz of no use...depression n more of it..

Rahul,it feels so disgusting when I hear people congratulating a new-born's parents for the arrival of a baby boy while if itz a gal they say,"Pehli bitiya hain to lakshmi hoti hain,agli baar zarur beta hi hoga". Such a prejudice is so much prevelent in India...

What amazes me is daughters are taking charge these days and making it big out there...They can equally make their parents proud,but still... :(

Itz a really touching post.Thanks for bringing such a sensitive issue up...