Monday, September 29, 2008

Aadmin hoon Aadmi se oops logon se pyaar karta hoon

I remember i was discussing my credulity with a beautiful girl that how easily i trust people. I cited two lines of a famous Hindi song Aadmi hoon aadmi se pyaar karta hoon (I am a human being and love fellow human beings). And she immediately broke into laughter saying ab pata chala (now i know) why are you single? I was immediately classified as a case of gender bender.

In India, you quite often come across people in full blown mascara and foundation talking about their son and wife. In one such instance, i congratulated one of my acquaintances when her ooops his wife delivered a baby boy. I said, "family ka pehla mard mubarak ho (congrats for first male member of family)." It's bad - isn't it. It's a kind of stereotype our society is victim of.

I subjected my friend with mockery because he could not lead the life he wanted to। I became subject of mockery because people still find it difficult to swallow that being a gay is not fashionable or a choice. It's natural.

PS: http://in.news.yahoo.com/32/20080928/1074/tod-happy-not-gay.html

1 comment:

Me said...

I think sexuality is one's own choice...and yeah! it is something natural.

I have met many gay men at my workplace while I was out of the country and I really appreciate the country for giving the people a right to live in a way they want to.

Laughing it off becomes easy as we all see men as someone who are, you know, all attitude and masculine...but then WHO ARE WE TO DECIDE??

I work in an organization(IT) which encourages people to come out of the closet and take up best of designations...nobody is discriminated for being gay,lesbian,transexual...and I m really proud of it.